Thursday, May 29, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
However the following is a list of some things that remind me of how old I really am...
- I've been married for 10 1/2 years and have 3 kids...really I should be older than 30!
- I was in Kindergarten when Michael Jackson's Thriller came out.
- I was in 2nd grade when the Challenger blew up. I thought we were on our way to music class and instead we went into the other 2nd grade class and watched the Challenger. I remember my teacher just quitely turning off the tv after it blew up...I don't remember if they tried to explain what happened.
- I remember fighting with my sister, Charla, about who got to tell my parents that Baby Jessica was free from the well. They had gone out the evening that she was freed. I lost. I had to sit quitely while she told my parents.
- I was 14 when my mom passed away, it will be 16 years this June.
- I remember sitting in 5th hour Art class and listening to the deathtoll of the Oklahoma City bombing.
- My senior year of high school they had tvs out in the library so we could watch the verdict of the OJ Simpson trial.
- My 10 year high school reunion was 2 years ago.
What has been funny, as we have gone about our trip and met many people from Memphis, they have always asked where are we heading...like we are not staying in Memphis. So here is a list of reason to go to Memphis if you have never been, because we really did have a great time.
- VERY friendly people
- Memphis Temple (for the mormons out there)
- Ride down the Mississippi River on a riverboat
- World famous bar-be-que
- Beale Street and the Home of the Blues
- Memphis Zoo...Panda bears
- Graceland...of course!
- Trolleys through downtown
- Civil Rights Museum and the place where Martin Luther King was killed
- Many fantastic restaurants
- and mamy many more things
Monday, May 26, 2008
This morning we went to the Memphis Zoo. It was a really nice zoo that had a lot of animals you don't normally see at zoos like penguins, polar bears, and panda bears. It is actually only 1 of 4 zoos in the United States that has panda bears.
They also have sea lions. This little girl used a purple cup and had the sea lion doing circles, jumping, and swimming around. She had the sea lion following her every move. It was so cute.
It started to rain right when we were leaving...how perfect is that?
After the zoo Adam took the boys swimming while Aiden and I took a little nap. This evening we went to Corky's bar-be-que. It is known around the world for their bar-be-que. We of course had ribs and they were delicious!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
After shopping we went to eat at J Alexanders which is our favorite restuarant. We have only been to the one in K.C. so couldn't resist to go to this one.After church we took a little drive up north to see the temple. We didn't realize Memphis had a temple so we wanted to check it out. It's pretty crazy because it is literally feet away from the Stake Center.
Next was the Riverboats. We had a great time on the Riverboats and learned a lot about the history of Memphis. It was really pretty. The boys had fun on the boat. Although Xavier was disappointed that we didn't see any alligators and Damon was just upset that we didn't buy him nachos. Aiden was a good baby and slept most of the ride.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Sorry for the shakey camera, I was taking video, shooting pictures, holding Aiden, and yelling at Xavier all at the same time...I can only do so much!
Also, I haven't quite figured out why it is putting up the split screen, I'm not clicking that button when I make the video but it keeps doing it. So if someone knows how not to get that, send me the how-tos. Hopefully I figure it out soon because it is ticking me off!
Monday, May 19, 2008
So Adam decided to throw me a surprise Not 30 yet party, 10 days before my 30th birthday. He did everything (with a little help from family and friends). I was totally fooled and had no idea.
We had it at the train depot in Manhattan. Cake and snacks were served. And Adam put together a little video of my baby pictures as well.
I'm completely shocked that not only did everyone keep it a secret but that my sisters and my friend Jim kept it from me as well...these are the people that are supposed to tell me everything...I don't know what to think now!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
At church they made a really cute flower picture using their thumb prints. They also filled out a info sheet about me. Some of their answers were too cute I thought I would share them...
- I love when my Mother...makes cookies
- I love my Mother because...she gives me hugs and kisses
- My Mother like's to...feed my baby brother (more like, have to feed)
- My Mother is happy when...we are good
- The funniest thing I ever did with my Mother was...play with my toys
- My Mother is sad when...is never sad
- The funniest thing I ever saw my Mother do was...mow the lawn (funny thing, I have never mowed the lawn in my life!)
- The color my Mom likes best is...orange (true)
- If I could give my Mother anything I'd give her...fishbowl (huh?)
- The first thing my Mother does when she wakes up is...make breakfast for me and my brother (actually Adam does this)
- I like when my Mother...makes my favorite food...for me (he is a picky eater so I know this to be true, I've never seen a kid so excited for spaghetti)
- I like to...buy some stuff like lip gloss...for my mother (he knows me well)
- My Mother's favorite food is...cake (I do enjoy cake, don't know if its my favorite but you can't go wrong with cake)
- My Mother does not like to eat...worms (VERY TRUE)
- My Mother works at...home
- The color of my Mother's hair is...the same color as mine
- My Mother is...nice and beautiful (very VERY true)
- My Mother's shoe size is...16 (now my feet are big but not that big.)
- My Mother likes to...play games
- My Mother is happy when...its one o'clock (just had lunch, probably just hanging out at home, I probably am happy at 1:00)
- The funniest thing I ever did with my Mother was...when she made Aiden talk (I did this one time, Damon thought it was hilarious)
- My Mother is sad when...me and my brother don't listen (hit the nail on the head)
- The funniest thing I ever saw my Mother do was...let Aiden sing (back to #3)
- The color my Mom likes best is...orange (my boys know me)
- If I could give my Mother anything, I'd give her...makeup (Damon tried to get Adam to buy me makeup for Mother's day)
- The first thing my Mother does when she wakes up is...eat breakfast
- I like when my Mother...makes a cake...for me
- I like to...get a present for mother's day...for my mother
- My Mother's favorite food is...honey nut cheerios (I do eat them everyday for breakfast)
- My Mother does not like to eat...broccoli (I actually really enjoybroccoli)
- The color of my Mother's hair is...blonde
- My Mother is...white
- My Mother's shoe size is...10 or 1
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
Sunday, Adam blessed Aiden at church. In the circle was, Adam, Bishop Hancock, Grandpa Little, Uncles Matt, Ben, and Marty, and our friend Patrick Lewis. We had many friends and family there...Ben and Kelly Dolezal, Marty and Janna Little plus Hunter and Alicia, Jessica and Shawnee Shepherd, Jim and Jan Sipes, Grandpa and Grandma Prewit, Grandpa and Grandma Little, Great Grandma Keith, Ashley Warner, Charla Dawson, Matt and Carrie Craft plus Christopher and Jordan. Yeah we squeezed into 3 pews at church! After, everyone came to our house for lunch. My sister Carrie is playing momma to 4 kittens so we got to see, play, hold, love, and feed them as well.
Here is Damon bottle feeding one of the kittens...I think this one was Donald.