CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Update: Damon's Day at School

Just wanted to share the sweet email that Damon's teacher sent to Grandma Little . The subject of the email was, "Your wonderful grandson."

I was so excited to share with you Damon's sentences on Friday--and then the email has not been working until today! He said "I already told her." But you need to hear the story anyway!!

We were making 3 letter words with magnetic letters. Damon was actually struggling a little but doing it. All at once he said, "I'm going to make sentences." I'm thinking OK but I hope we can feel successful. He proceeded (with a little help with saw) to write he is big and he saw a ant. Then he figured out that he could use words from that sentence to write others. So he wrote these sentences with just a little help. the ant saw a fly. the fly saw a dog, the dog saw a mat, a dog saw the sun. Sorry, no capitals, we just had the lower case ones out! We celebrated with a couple other teachers and took his picture for his portfolio. I was so excited!! It was one of those light bulb moments that don't happen very often. He is amazing!! Thanks for sharing him with me. Karla

0 comments: