CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Wizard of Oz

Tonight, Adam had a meeting in Salina. And I thought it was the perfect opportunity to watch The Wizard of Oz with the boys. I had taped it a month before and had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to watch it with Damon and Xavier.

So I tell the boys what we were going to watch and they were not too excited at first. But I start to tell them about it, a young girl with a dog, befriends a scarecrow, a man made out of tin, and a lion. It has all these bright colors, a mean witch that has green skin. So they start to get excited about watching it.

Surprisingly the first 20 minutes of black and white didn't bother them, which I found funny because I remember being bored with the black and white. Then the color happens and they get so into it. At first they were scared of the witch but they calmed down about that. Then they fell in love with the scarecrow, tinman, and of course the lion. They were laughing so hard about the lion.

They both loved the movie. It was so fun to watch a movie with my boys that I remember watching as a little girl with my mom.

I must say, my little boys are too smart for their own good. In the beginning of the movie when Dorothy is hit in the head and falls on the bed, Xavier turns to me and says, "Oh, its going to be a dream." Then after the movie when it returns back to black and white he says, "See I told you, it was a dream."

Damon also figured out that the people Dorothy met in Oz were people from her life.

I don't even remember when I first figured these things out, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't 4 and 6.

0 comments: