CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 3, 2014

Books of 2013

Here are the books I read this last year.  I feel like there were some I read on my kindle app as well but my iPad is a sad broken mess so I don't know for sure...

Something Missing
This was an ok book, took a little while to get going.  Honestly, I think it would be a great movie.   The author had to write so many details for you too really understand how complex the main character was, but a movie could easily show the details that were necessary.

Far From the Tree
I did a whole blog post on this book.  I still think of this book often, it was fascinating.

The Go Giver
I loved this book.  I'm so glad I read after starting my skirt business.  It game me lots of good ideas.  I plan on reading other books by the author.

Bloom
Oh my goodness...this is a WONDERFUL book.  It is so beautiful.  But you can't read it electronically.  You need to get the physical book.  Its to pretty to just read on a  device.  Beautiful book, seriously read it now!

The Favored Daughter
I found her story fascinating and it really opened my mind to the middle east.  I believe she is running for president of Afghanistan.

90 Minutes in Heaven
This was about a man who had passed away for 90 minutes and he shares his experience of what he believes was heaven.  It was interesting but a little too preachy for me.

The Healing
I liked this book, it was a very interesting premise about slavery from a young girls perspective.

My Sister's Keeper
I was really enjoying this book until I got to the end.  I seriously wanted to throw it across the room it pissed me off!  I will never read another book by this author.

Sparkly Green Earrings
I read the author's blog and really enjoy her with and fun stories.  The book is just an extension of that.

The War of Art
Adam brought this home and I really enjoyed it too.  I've been planning a blog post on it, but haven't done it.  Its a good one about business and focus.

The Nine Rooms of Happiness
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would.  I really liked the idea behind it.  Basically that every part of our lives is represented by a room.  My main problem with it is it seemed to blame most of your problems on the basement, which represents your childhood.  I just don't always agree with that, more often I believe people need to grow up and realize they are adults and quit blaming their mommy and daddy for everything wrong in there lives.  I did like this quote about raising teenagers, I need to have it posted so I can see if daily as we are starting the preteen phase, "if you become too identified with the drama of the preteen social scene, you allow that mentality to extend into your home."

The Happiness Project
I blogged about this book too.  I really liked it.  It makes me want to purge and do new things.

Happier at Home
This is the follow up book to The Happiness Project.  I've been meaning to blog about this one too.  Its a good one as well.

Man Up
We are big Ross Matthew fans.  Although there are some details I could have done with out knowing....

The Hypnotist's Love Story
It hit me this year that I loved "What Alice Forgot" so much I should look up the author and see what else she has written.  I now have read everything she has wrote and I love them all. These are my reasons for liking her books so much: the characters are so real, I can really identify with how they feel, how they react to things.  There is always some question (or two) that will come up and I just have to know what the answer is so it keeps me wanting to read it.  It never ends the way I think it will end but I always love the ending.  And the ending is always happy.  I love happy endings (hence why I HATED "My Sister's Keeper".   Also, she always writes an epilogue and I just love that.  I love a follow up.   She also has books for girls...I'll have to start stocking up on them for Adley.

The Last Anniversary

The Husband's Secret
This isn't really a happy ending but I think it ended perfectly.

(I love Liane Moriarty's books so much that Kelly got me her first one, "Three Wishes" for Christmas and I finished it on the 2nd.  But it was a start of a new year so you will have to wait until the end of 2014 for that list.)

0 comments: