CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Halloween...The Pumpkins

The boys and I carved pumpkins for halloween this year. I think this was a first for them and they were really excited. I had purchased a pumpkin carving kit at Wal-Mart so they picked their designs out and then went out to pick the pumpkins...in the rain...good times.
I found one for Aiden immediately, Xavier insisted on a white pumpkin, and Damon after looking at every pumpkin available, had a mental breakdown, picked out two completely rotten ones, finally picked out his. Yes, all in the rain.

I knew that white pumpkins were harder to carved but that is a severe understatement. It took over an hour just to carve a lid into this thing. It was really easy to clean out, not much goo and seeds in white pumpkins. But since it was so hard to carve, we had to make the most simple pumpkin ever.

All in all, the boys had fun and if I only had my internet service I would have been able to google how to cook the pumpkin seeds, so next year we will be adding that to the tradition.
Me hard at work...it looks like Aiden is working too...
Xavier hard at work...
Damon hard at work...
Xavier's and Aiden's pumpkin...

0 comments: